We are always stronger together than we are apart. Maybe your individual small business is going to struggle during the crisis but there is a possibility that if you collaborate with fellow business owners you could put together an offering that is compelling and allows you to all make it through the crisis.
5 Ideas to join forces and be stronger together
1) Share a kitchen – Are you in the food industry which has been faced with particularly severe complications? Maybe a way to keep costs down is to all pitch in and share one kitchen, buy inventory together and save on the costs of bulk buying.
2) Pitch together – If you are feeling overwhelmed by everything going on and also unsure about your capacity to deliver on future work based on having to lay off some of your team – partner up with other businesses who have complimentary offerings and agree that you will do all pitches together . This automatically increases the volume of pitches happening for all involved as well as the confidence in your pitch.
3) Bundle Sales – Partner up with fellow business owners and add an option to add each other’s products or services onto a customers order for anyone who makes a purchase. You automatically increase potential sales for all involved without any extra work, time or money invested.
4) Merge Marketing, Product or Operations Teams – If you have had to make layoffs and are feeling overwhelmed by how much work needs to be done to keep making sales – talk to other business owners and form a co-op by pooling all of your teams and resources to work together to keep all businesses selling and growing.
5) Divide and Conquer Research and Set Ups – If you know that you need to research any and all options for new sales opportunities or set up new products, services, websites, landing pages – all agree to take one item off the list and do the work for everyone so that your work and efforts have exponential effect and you are not all doing the same thing.
These are just 5 ideas to get you started. There are unlimited possibilities. If you want to start to explore how you can join forces with other business right now simply get 3-5 fellow business owners in a room and each share what you have to offer, what you need and start to find overlaps and opportunities!